Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon
Nearly Six hours later!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A whole new week!

Well, I bailed on an early morning run on Tuesday. It was supposed to be a track run where I would do 3-4 sets of 1200 yards ( I think - how is the track measured?) Anyway, each 1200 is 3/4 of a mile. So 4 of these would equal 3 miles run. I HATE 1200s. Just hate them. So, when morning came and the alarm went off, and I knew I would be doing this solo ( my running partner couldn't come), I just turned the alarm off and went back to sleep. Geez. So much for my resolve to do better...

I decided to do more pool running with Alan that night so I could salvage the day! We "ran" for an hour. I am told that pool running and road running burn the same amount of calories mile for mile -- or minute for minute. I can run just under 6 miles in an hour so I counted the hour in the pool as 6 miles. Thus 600 calories. Nice. Pool running is cool -- literally. If you have a partner to pool run with ( hint hint Lynne and Tara) it is actually fun.

So, with new resolve this morning, I hopped (not really - it was more of a begrudging climb) out of bed and went for a 5.5 mile run this morning. I thought 7 am would be early enough to avoid the heat. NOT. It is 87 degrees right now with a "feels like" of 98. It could not have been much less than that at 7. Yikes -- I think I will have to start at 6 tomorrow.

My goal this week is to run twice and cross train (pool running) twice before the long run on Saturday. I am planning to run 14 again on Saturday with a 5 am start. Fun times!

More as the week progresses!

Thanks for reading,

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment