Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon
Nearly Six hours later!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Okay, here goes.

My name is Julie Lawson and I have just turned 49. That is dangerously close to 50.

I am a runner.

I have never blogged. I am technologically inept. Just ask my 21 year old son. But here I am anyway, creating a blog.

I am doing this to chronicle the training process to run my first Marathon. I capitalize the word because it deserves to be revered.

Marathon.

It is a big deal. I only just began believing I could do it. The race is the Chicago Marathon and it is on October 10 2010. 10/10/10. Cool, huh?

I am starting this blog for several reasons. I want a place to record my thoughts and musings about the process. I want to encourage other beginner runners to go for it.

I want to provide fellow type B personalities a place to go for suggestions and to see how another type B person does it! I am type B married to type A. I train so much differently than he does. More on this later.

So here we go. I will likely post again later tonight or in the morning with my training schedule to date and some of my thoughts along the way.

I will learn as I go and will, hopefully, make this blog fun to read and aesthetically pleasing in the coming days.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment