Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon
Nearly Six hours later!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

pool running

Today I did 45 minutes of pool running with my husband. I was kind of a slug this week and up til today had only run once. So in an effort to go into tomorrow's run with fresh legs, and yet get a run in, I decided to pool run with him. Alan is doing a fair amount of pool running lately as he has had some trouble with his i.t. band. Running in the pool allows you to get the workout with no stress on the legs.

I wondered about its validity as a training run - but once during training, Alan needed to do a full month of pool running. He did not run on treadmill or road at all during that time. When he returned to regular training, he was happy to find that he went right back to running the same pace and duration as before.

All that to say, perhaps I pulled it out and won't have suffered such a setback after all. For me 45 minutes of pool running is probably equivalent to 4 miles. So now I can loosely say that I got in 7 miles this week. I was shooting for 10. Including the 12 miles for tomorrow - I will have 19 for the week.

I will do better next week!

Tomorrow's alarm is set for 5:10 am. Can't sleep. It is this way most Friday nights. Thank God for Saturday morning after run naps.

More later on tomorrow's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment