Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon
Nearly Six hours later!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

14.25 miles during heat advisory

OMG it was hot. (84 degrees at 5 am with a "feels like" of 98 degrees). This past saturday, we started at 5 am for a 14 mile training run. The first 4 miles were tough for some reason. The rest was hard - and hot - but I managed to finish strong.

I did better in my training last week and this week is starting out well. I did pool running with Alan again last night and will run 6 on the beach early this evening.

This coming Saturday the 7th will be a 16 mile training run starting at 430 am. It will be the farthest run ever and in a strange way I am looking forward to it. Perhaps it is the accomplishment I look forward to...

Countdown: 10 weeks til Chicago Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment