Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon
Nearly Six hours later!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Why do I run?

People often ask me what made me start running. I started running in December of 2007. My husband is an avid runner and has done many marathons including Boston. Anyone who understands running and marathons knows that means he is fast. You have to qualify for Boston - and he did so in his first marathon ever. I accompanied him to Boston to watch the race and to support him. I must say I got caught up in the excitement and decided then to try running. I had this delusion that I might one day get fast enough to run with Alan ( husband ) and that we could have many great talks and times together whilst running. Ha ha ha. Not gonna happen. I cannot ever imagine the day that I will run as fast as he does.

BUT...I am a runner now and I really love it. When I first started just 2 and a half years ago, I could barely make it from one driveway in our neighborhood to the next. I will never forget my first 5k. I have now completed 4 half marathons and several shorter races. This past aturday, I ran 14 miles and burned 1500 glorious calories!

I am in training for the Chicago Marathon and actually look forward to running those long runs on the weekend. I have joined a great running group from the Track Shack and have made lots of really great running friends. I do share running with Alan - just not side by side on the road!


Next post will be: Why am I training to run a marathon and what is my training regimen?

No comments:

Post a Comment