Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon
Nearly Six hours later!

Monday, October 4, 2010

New socks for the Marathon

Wow. It is really here. I was thinking this morning about how strange it feels to be making my packing list and preparing to leave for Chicago. There is a "real- ness" that has set in. I know that is not a word - but it fits. As you know, I have been training for this since June and it just seemed like a thing out there in the nebulous future. But, dang, it is this coming Sunday.

Saturday was the last long run and I will run twice this week really easy.

I have gotten lots of questions from friends. Am I ready? Am I nervous? Am I excited? Hmm, yes and yes. I am as ready as I am going to be. There are things I would change about my training if I could, like I would run more miles during the week - but I am now going to have to trust the training I did. I am totally nervous - or maybe anxious is a better word for it. I think about the race all the time. Excited? Very. I told my friend, Sue that this time next week I would be one of the 1%. Statistics say that less than 1% of the world ever completes a marathon.

So, I am going to get new socks for the occasion. A friend of mine always says get new running clothes for any race - but I don't want to change anything I have been doing. Socks are safe, though cuz I wear the same size of the same brand always. And I gotta go get all my gels ( nutrition for the race). I am buying an Ipod Shuffle for the run as well. I hope to find people to talk to, but I plan to be prepared with musical diversion just in case.

It is currently forecasted to be 54 degrees at the start and 71 degrees at the finish. Sounds nice - but I am praying for 47 at the start and 65 at the finish.

I will be posting the night before the race to update you on my pre race jitters. I guess that is all for now. As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment