Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon
Nearly Six hours later!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

95 hours to go...

I just completed my last training run before the marathon. It was 62 degrees and felt wonderful. It is projected to be 55 degrees at the start of the marathon and get up to 71 ish in the afternoon. It should be really nice. I am praying for a few degrees cooler -but whatever will be fine.

Alan freaked me out last night by telling me that I need to make sure to get full nights sleep this entire week. So naturally I couldn't sleep last night. I went through every possible mental list I could make for the packing and then mentally calculated every possible pacing scenario.... finally at 130 am I got up and checked email and played around with the Mcmillon race pace calculator on line. I finally got tired enough to go to bed and fell asleep at around 3am. The alarm came very abruptly at 6 am. Geez! Time for a nap!

So we leave Friday morning. I wish it was tomorrow. Oh well. Tick Tock. Tick Tock. 95.5 hours to go til the gun goes off and the race begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment