Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon
Nearly Six hours later!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mid Training yuk Syndrome

Yup. I have arrived at mental burnout. I have been training since June and frankly, my dear, I am ready to be finished! The big day is October 10 and is 26 days from now.

Last week we ran hills in Apopka and completed 14 miles. This coming week's long run is the longest yet and will be the longest for the entire training period. We will run 22 miles starting at 4 am. It seems a little odd to me that you never go beyond this distance - but I am trusting the training.

I will continue to train after the marathon is done - regardless of the outcome. There are two half marathons that I like to do each year and I hope to achieve a personal best in both of them. The first one is the OUC half marathon on December 4 here in Orlando and the other one is at the end of February in Tampa. The training is different for the half marathon distance - with 12 or 13 miles being the longest you need to do prior to the race - and you incorporate more speed drills.

I guess that is really about all I can think of to tell you right now. As we gear up for the trip, I will include you in on the jitters and packing mayhem that is sure to ensue.

Thanks for reading.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment